|No breakfast is complete without coffee.|
Gluten-Free and Vegan French Toast with Mango Butter
Recipe from Sweatpants and Superfoods (Amazing blog title and I am jealous that I didn't come up with it)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 2 minutes per slice
Total Time: 20-30 minutes, depending on size of batch
- 1 cup soy milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 4 Tbs oat flour
- 2 Tbs flax meal
- 1 Tbs coconut oil (for cooking)
- 4-6 slices of gluten-free bread
1. Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet. Whisk the batter ingredients together in a shallow dish with a whisk or fork. Let it sit for a minute so the flax meal has time to soak up the milk; this will help mixture will become more batter-like and almost frothy.
2. Dip each piece of bread in the ‘batter’ and cook each side in the heated skillet for a few minutes or until the edges start to brown.
** The blog also includes a recipe for fresh mango butter, but since I had already bought mine, I use that. I guarantee the fresh one is better though!
Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Recipe from Whipped
I somehow did not take a picture of this. Silly me. Just trust me, it looked and tasted amazing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 2/3 cup rice milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease a 7 x 4x 3 inch-loaf pan.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, xantham gum, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup oil and agave nectar, rice milk, and vanilla to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
3. Using a plastic spatula gently fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
4. Fill prepared pan halfway with batter.
5. Bake on the center rack for 35 minutes, rotating 180 degrees after 20 minutes. Cook until when you press on the loaf is bounces back slightly and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let banana bread sit for 20 minutes before inverting onto a cutting board to cut.