Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Food Inspiration: Whole Wheat Pasta Creation

Sometimes I feel like I have a ton of food but nothing to make. However, when I am feeling very inspired and creative I stand in the kitchen with all the cabinet open looking at potential ingredients that I could use. The other night I surprised myself with a great pasta creation.

The end result was a whole wheat pasta with a herb and garlic goat cheese and butter sauce, tossed with chick peas and oven roasted tomatoes. I sent my boyfriend to work with the leftovers the next day and was told it is great cold also.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes

Ingredients:

- 1 package of whole wheat penne pasta (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 2 Roma tomotoes, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 package of garlic and herb goat cheese (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 stick of butter
- Salt, pepper and oregano to taste

Preparation:

1. Fill pot with water add salt and cover. Heat until water starts to boil and pour pasta in. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place sliced tomatoes on a roasting pan or baking sheet. Drizzle or spray olive oil to coat tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano and toss until all peices are covered. Bake for 25 minutes.
3. Place chickpeas in a sauce pan and heat for about 8 minutes or until tender.
4. In a sauce pan melt butter with the burner on medium heat. Make sure to stir constantly so the butter does not burn.
5. Once butter is melted add the garlic and herb goat cheese. Half of the package should make it slightly thick. Adjust amount to your liking.
6. Once all ingredients are cooked thoroughly, strain the water from the pasts and mix all ingredients together. Let sit for at least 5 minutes, as the sauce will thicken slightly.
7. Eat and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment